Skip to main content

5 Ideas for Your Next (Or First) Vlog





5 Ideas for Your Next (Or First) Vlog


A lot of people want to start a vlog, but they are held back by this one fear: that they just are not interesting. I used to think the same about myself and creating content. And let me be honest, we  might not be interesting. To one person. But to another we might be exactly what they were hoping to find. You might be their next favorite content creator. You won’t know until you put yourself out there and try. Actually, I really want to make a vlog channel one day, but I really enjoy the idea of a blog. I will continue working on this site, and in the mean time collect research for any channel I have in the future. I hope it comes of use to you as well. So, if you’re in need for vlog ideas for your Youtube channel, look no further. 



1. Routine Videos
Cleaning, night, day, fitness, meditation, weekly, planning, goal setting, or even order packaging routines. Your audience can use these videos to compare it to their own routines, inspire them to change, or just entertain them. Personally, I love watching people clean and work out. It
makes me feel like I’ve been cleaning and working out. 

2. DIY Projects
Some people want to feel like they could be artists, or some people want to save money. Either way, DIY videos are often searched for and are a  great idea for your next video. DIY Gifts forother’s day, Christmas, Valentine’s day, anniversaries, birthdays, and more. Even if you are not the ‘handyman’ or ‘crafty’ type you can easily DIY School supplies, art supplies, room storage, and makeup storage. Go off to Pinterest for more inspiration. 

3. Dupes
This one might extend from the DIY. Like I said, people like to save money. So if you have an idea as to how someone can recreate a brand name product, or buy a cheaper version from the store- now’s your chance to shine.

4. Tutorials

Cleaning, cooking, crafting, drawing, welding, or even the zero-waste life. Odds are you are able to accomplish SOMETHING with some amount of competency. Someone else might not be. Maybe someone out there is dying for you to show them how to clean their bathroom as easily as possible. Or you you can make an ironic tutorial if humor is your thing. Go on, help these poor people!!

5. Your Personal Story

You may have heard, there is no such thing as an original story. In fact, most Youtube videos that do

well are ones that follow trends. So why do people watch the same basic story line over and over?
Because each person brings their own personality and unique background to the mix. Each of them
are relatable in their own ways. You have to remember that no one can tell your story like you can. But
if you were to put yourself out into the world, and make yourself vulnerable… If you reach even one
person - wouldn’t it be worth it?


These are 5 general categories of videos that you can make for your new youtube channel. I hope this has list inspired you in some way. When I'm ready I will probably refer to this list with a calender to plan out a month of content. Now stop reading about it, and go out and do it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Update

If you've read my last post you know that I was kind of starting to freak out over the upcoming move. Then this morning I woke up groggy and spent an hour on Instagram. Here you will see how my best friend Rei asked if we were going to Michael's. So we went to Michael's. It jump-started my day and kept me from getting angsty and depressed from staying in.  Here is something I'm definitely going to be DIYing when I finish moving in. Some fam-spam. Ricky and I got sushi after. And then I started packing. I took a 2.5 hour nap. I was browsing Youtube for inspiration when Ricky suggested finishing the sushi from earlier and catching up on Luke Cage.  The night ended with writing and editing... Starting the day with breakfast, coffee, and music. Ricky and I had an interesting conversation about family, abuse, sacrifice, and commitment. And of course, it is Sunday so I watched Kalyn Nicholson's new video.  He

Advice For Late 20s?

Anyone have any good advice for a woman in her late 20s? I thought I felt lost at 20.... yeah no. I am 26 now and have a job that COULD turn into a career or it could just stay a dead end job. I have been with my corporation under different sister companies for almost 3 years and other than the experience I really don't have anything to show for it. I can very much relate to " You Go, Girl " saying that she is tired under/overwhelmed and feeling unfulfilled. I am hoping to find some advice on what to do. I'm getting tossed around at a job, and should just be grateful I am not getting laid off. But maybe I feel entitled because they had just promised me a promotion... I would love to hustle and manifest my life as I want it- but I don't know what to aim for. Feeling very lost. Guess I will see where things take me. Guess this is where I need to brainstorm, search, and make myself a vision board ... Off to Pinterest!

The Catch Up Post

It's Halloween month, I'm done moving out of my old apartment, and I've finally found my laptop charger! ~Happy times~. Now for some catching up!  First of all, BIG thanks to my sister, Najiba, for helping us clean out our old place on Sunday. We could not have finished moving out of the apartment in time without her. Seriously, moving made us miserable. But now we are in our new place. And Ricky's parents are so awesome! They brought me (yes, me! Not us -.-) wine, a wine opener, and veggie pasta. I will refrain from calling it macaroni as I guess they would disagree. For Ricky, they brought garlic bread and he was nice enough to share that with me haha. Please ignore my fingers One thing about me guys is that until about a year ago I suffered from random digestive issues. I won't get TMI now, but suffice to say I suffered. And what's worse, is that was normal for me. I never thought anything was really wrong. But there was. June 2017 was about the