Skip to main content

The Catch Up Post


It's Halloween month, I'm done moving out of my old apartment, and I've finally found my laptop charger! ~Happy times~. Now for some catching up!


 First of all, BIG thanks to my sister, Najiba, for helping us clean out our old place on Sunday. We could not have finished moving out of the apartment in time without her. Seriously, moving made us miserable. But now we are in our new place. And Ricky's parents are so awesome! They brought me (yes, me! Not us -.-) wine, a wine opener, and veggie pasta. I will refrain from calling it macaroni as I guess they would disagree. For Ricky, they brought garlic bread and he was nice enough to share that with me haha.
Please ignore my fingers

One thing about me guys is that until about a year ago I suffered from random digestive issues. I won't get TMI now, but suffice to say I suffered. And what's worse, is that was normal for me. I never thought anything was really wrong. But there was. June 2017 was about the time I became a vegetarian. That helped.... But what made the biggest impact was cutting back on oil. I still use oil sometimes. And I will eat nuts /avocado/other natural sources of fat if I feel like it. But no more "Panda Express", Carl's Jr. fries, and definitely no Mel's Burgers. Once I cut excessive oil and sugar out of my diet, damn. No stomach pains, plus my skin cleared up.

This weekend during the move though, I've not only eaten foods I normally avoid, I ate a LOT of it. I feel so gross right now, goodness. One thing that always helps me, is usually something that grosses people out. It's hot water. Or some tea! I always feel better, it makes it easier to, uh, go, and it makes my skin feel soothed. This coming week I am going to have to eat light, so lots of veggies. And drink LOTS of water. Pretty much, I'm going to have to go grocery shopping and try to meal prep. EUgh.

Moving along, now. I'm going to have to go to Wal-Mart or Ikea and buy some shelves to set up our pantry. We need a bath mat and trash bin for the "master bath". I will most likely ogle a crap ton of other stuff I don't need, like bedding, curtains, rugs. And I'd be shocked if I didn't go to Ross to look for affordable options that I could justify. But I will have to be strong and not overspend. When I feel weak looking at an overflowing shopping cart, I call Rei. She's no-judgment but also no BS. Tells me what I need to hear, and not what I want to hear. If only she could actually GO shopping with me :< . Instead, I am stuck Facebook messaging her pics of my messy life cart. Wouldn't it be nice if Target had a built in day care?
You think I'm joking? Half of this cart was on clearance! That's the danger zone.

My dream patio right now...  Maybe I can figure out how to do this on the cheap without the squirrels wrecking it...

Speaking of messy, I also need a wardrobe update. I'm not someone that has to go shopping for new clothes every season, but my weight has been fluctuating. And I have nothing proper (or cute) to wear for Fall! So, on my list, I have hoodies, real jeans, and... uhm socks. Really that is all I need. I will let y'all know if I get anything more than that. I was hoping to get a cheap, large flannel shirt to make some pillow covers out of. Cool pillows are so esspensive. If I do, I will take lots of pictures. And you will love them I am sure.

Anyway, this post was long enough. I just wanted to catch up! I hope you are all having a wonderful Halloween. If you have any decor suggestions or want to update me on the Autumn Challenge, comment down below!
Stay spooky!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Update

If you've read my last post you know that I was kind of starting to freak out over the upcoming move. Then this morning I woke up groggy and spent an hour on Instagram. Here you will see how my best friend Rei asked if we were going to Michael's. So we went to Michael's. It jump-started my day and kept me from getting angsty and depressed from staying in.  Here is something I'm definitely going to be DIYing when I finish moving in. Some fam-spam. Ricky and I got sushi after. And then I started packing. I took a 2.5 hour nap. I was browsing Youtube for inspiration when Ricky suggested finishing the sushi from earlier and catching up on Luke Cage.  The night ended with writing and editing... Starting the day with breakfast, coffee, and music. Ricky and I had an interesting conversation about family, abuse, sacrifice, and commitment. And of course, it is Sunday so I watched Kalyn Nicholson's new video.  He

Advice For Late 20s?

Anyone have any good advice for a woman in her late 20s? I thought I felt lost at 20.... yeah no. I am 26 now and have a job that COULD turn into a career or it could just stay a dead end job. I have been with my corporation under different sister companies for almost 3 years and other than the experience I really don't have anything to show for it. I can very much relate to " You Go, Girl " saying that she is tired under/overwhelmed and feeling unfulfilled. I am hoping to find some advice on what to do. I'm getting tossed around at a job, and should just be grateful I am not getting laid off. But maybe I feel entitled because they had just promised me a promotion... I would love to hustle and manifest my life as I want it- but I don't know what to aim for. Feeling very lost. Guess I will see where things take me. Guess this is where I need to brainstorm, search, and make myself a vision board ... Off to Pinterest!

Drabble 1- Treehouse

You gently wake up to the sound of rain. The cool air greets you good morning but the sun is not out yet. You lie in bed, your partner's arm wrapped around you. You face the open patio of your large tree house in the jungled mountains. Your magical jungle cat sleeps on a dry branch just within view, always watching over you. You lay resting until you begin to sense that your partner will wake soon. You get up slowly and peacefully, walking to the kitchen. You carry two warm beverages over to the wood patio. After placing them on a small round table placed between two wicker chairs, you sit on your chair. Wrapped in a blanket you watch the rainfall. Your jungle cat's ear twitches when your partner begins to wake. Your partner walks over and sits next to you on their wicker chair. Slowly and quietly you sip on your drinks together. You share this time together until the sun begins to peak over the mountains and the rain slows to a drizzle. Stretching out of your chair, you ra